PovClipse tutorial part 1: setting up a PovClipse Project and scene file
This tutorial shows how to work with PovClipse. Before you start, make sure you meet the requirements:
- Eclipse 3.2 or later
- Java 5.0 or later, Java 1.4.x is ***NOT*** supported!
Creating a new PovClipse Project
- If the PovClipse perspective is not activated select it: from the eclipse menu choose
Window -> Open Perspective, select Other... and PovClipse.
The eclipse workbech will be layouted according to the PovClipse perspective.
- Open the "New Project" wizard by selecting "File" -> "New" ->
- Select "PovClipse" -> "PovClipse Project" from the list.
- Use "
TutorialProject" as project name and select the workspace to be used
(or leave the default one).
- Press the "Next" button. If there is already a project
in your workspace the Project References page is shown, otherwise
this page is skiped. For this tutorial you do not need to select any
- Press the "Next" button to get to the project layout page.
Make sure you have the "Create PovClipse project layout"
checkbox selected. Leave the default folder values.
- Press the "Finish" button to create your new PovClipse project.
Setting up the project properties
- Open the "Project Properties page" by right-click on your "
select "Properties" and click on the "PovClipse Properties" item:
- Notice the entries having a blueish background at the "Library Path" tab:
These are the default entries, they can not be deleted.
All the entries on this tab are included in the Povray library path,
thus every file within these folders can be referenced
without specifying the folder name.
Just add more folders if necessary.
Creating a new Povray scene file